Here is a quick cookie recipe to try this afternoon for your dog! It only uses three ingredients and likely you already have them in your pantry. Rolling these out and cutting them with a pizza cutter is a great quick way to make small training treats instead of constantly having to break bigger cookies into smaller chunks.
I like making these and having them on hand for stuffing them into George’s Kongs too. Make sure you use peanut butter without xylitol. Xylitol is a sugar substitute that is very poisonous to dogs.
A great advantage to this cookie recipe is you can make them super hard and crunchy by baking them longer and leaving them to cool over night in the oven to harden and try out. Or bake them for less time, once cooled store them in an air tight container to keep them soft and fresh.
WHAT YOU NEED
- 3 cups oat flour (whole wheat is fine if your dog doesn’t have allergies)
- 1/3 cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- 1 1/4 cup hot water
- additional flour for rolling
HOW TO MAKE
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl till well combined.
- Spread out on a floured surface, kneed into desired thickness.
- Cut out shapes with either a cookie cutter or a pizza roller.
- Bake on lightly greased cookie sheet for 40 minutes.
- Turn the oven off and let them cool overnight.
Cooking times can vary depending on if you want super crunchy cookies, or softer cookies. Just make sure to keep checking them in the oven so they don’t get too crispy or burnt!